Friday, December 28, 2012
Saturday, December 22, 2012
SKS Carbine from the collections of Armémuseum, Stockholm, Sweden
|Place of origin||Soviet Union|
|In service||See Users|
|Designer||Sergei Gavrilovich Simonov|
|Variants||Chinese Type 56; Yugoslavian PAP; Romanian SKS; Albanian SKS; East German SKS; (North) Vietnamese SKS; North Korean SKS|
|Weight||3.85 kg (8 lb 8 oz).|
|Length||1,020 millimetres (40 in),. M59/66 length 1,117 millimetres (44.0 in)|
|Barrel length||520 millimetres (20 in),. M59/66 558.8 millimetres (22.00 in).|
|Action||Short stroke gas piston, tilting bolt, self-loading|
|Rate of fire||Semi-automatic 35–40 (rd/min).|
|Muzzle velocity||735 m/s (2,411 ft/s).|
|Effective range||400 metres (440 yd).|
|Feed system||10 round stripper clip-fed or individual round loading.|
|Sights||Hooded post front sight, tangent notch rear sight graduated from 100 to 1,000 meters.|
Wednesday, December 19, 2012
The Bushmaster C15 M4 Type Carbines are a unique hybridization of traditional AR-15 type features with space age Carbon 15 composite molded Receivers for light weight and rugged durability.
- Lightweight Carbon 15 Composite Receivers-40% Lighter than comparable aircraft aluminum receivers-unaffected by moisture-will corrode-matte black throughout (no surface finish to wear off). Upper Receiver includes anodized aluminum Picatinny rail for unlimited sight, scope or optics mounting.
- 16: M4 Profile Barrel chambered for 5.56mm NATO/.223 Rem. caliber-Chrome Lined in both Bore and Chamber for long wear and ease of maintenance-standard threaded muzzle (1/2" x28 T.p.I) fitted with Izzy Flash Suppressor. Barrel Finish is mil. spec. manganese Phosphate for protection against corrosion and rust.
- Front Sight is AR Type Base with Post-adjustable for windage.
- Comes with either a 4-position or 6-position stock which offers light weight, carrying ease and quick handling. Carbine length Hand guards have internal aluminum shields to protect against heat build-up in rapid fire sequences.
- Shipped in Lockable Hard Case with operation and safety manual, 30 Round Magazine and Black Web Sling.
Now guys I know what you're are thinking another guy talking about the plastic AR 15, but guys if you haven't shot one, don't knock it til you've tried it.There are guns out there that are made out of carbon that are very reliable like the Glock for one. I have a Bushmaster C15 and I love it, I've shoot it a lot on the range and, I've been on the range with a lot of high end guns that have jammed and mine hasn't jammed once. I know people say that you pay for what you get, but that's not always true. A buddy and I wanted to get MP3 Player, he got one for $200 bucks and I just wasn't paying that so being me I went on Ebay and got one for $47 bucks. His lasted for 6 months and this has been 2 year's ago and mine is still working. I guess what I'm trying to say is just because it's high priced doesn't mean it's high quality.