Monday, July 30, 2012

My Personal Survival Kit




This is my personal survival pocket kit. The reason I chose this kit is because I wanted to tell people my thought process and what I think makes a good kit. I’ve made kits out of Altoid’s cans and it wasn't what I was looking for. I also see people trying to pack all kinds of items in there personal kit. And let me tell you; you cant pack as much as we would like to in our kits. I have a 72 hour bag and I can't put enough in it. So I look at what I carry everday (EDC) like my redline flashlight (which is 220 lumens and strobe function), Gerber multi-tool and my 2 Kershaw tactical folders (that’s the reason I do not add cutting tools to my kit, because I carry them in my EDC). You also need to see what you have in your surroundings; like what you have in your car, boat, home etc... You don’t know what would be useful in your time of need like a tie tools, flares, blankets etc. So these things we neglect are the very things we can use in a survival situation. I carry these things on me at all times. 

EDC
  • Redline Flashlight (strobe function, 220 lumens, light magnification/magnifying glass)
  • 2 Kershaw Tactical Folders
  • Gerber Multi-Tool

Survival Kit      
  • Otterbox Container (Waterproof)
  • Signal Mirror
  • Photon Micro light
  • Snare Wire
  • Water purification Tabs
  • Light My Fire Firesteel
  • Bic Lighter
  • Ozark Trail Whistle w/ compass, magnifying glass, and thermometer
  • Strike anywhere Matches
  • Duct Tape
  • 550 Cord
  • Neosporin
  • Safety Pins
  • Band-Aids
  • Fishing kit (hooks/lines/sinkers)
  • Steel Wool
  • Aluminum Foil
  • 1 plastic MRE water bag

1 comment:

  1. It is true that we will never know what we need until the crisis arises. What we can do is to anticipate the things to come and prepare the best we can. From what I can see in your kit, you are quite prepared for any situation. You can just update your kit if you think you need something.

    ReplyDelete