Friday, October 5, 2012

Kershaw Blackout Knife

Steel-                  Sandvik 14C28N Stainless Steel
Handle-              Glass-fillen Nylon
Blade Length-      3 1/4 in
Close Length-      4 1/2 in
Overall Length-    7 3/4 in
Weight-                3.5 oz
Speed Safe Assisted Opening
Locking Liner
Thumb Stud
Packet Clip




these photos are my personal Blackout 1550



     I am doing this review on one of the best knives I've ever owned,  it is the Kershaw 1550 Blackout Knife. I have carried this knife for several years. I lost the same knife not long after I got it and immediately replaced it with the same kind. Now this knife is in my pocket even before I put my wallet in it. I even have left it at home a time or two while on my way to work and have turned around and gone back to get it. The blade is a Sandvik 14C28N stainless steel and it is an assited opening and let me tell you guys this knife is fast. The weight is real easy on the pocket weighing in at 3.5oz with the blade length at 4 1/2 inches it is a good size.You can use this knife in you EDC or as a tactical folder. I know that people say that their knife is the best and but the best doesn't mean it costs the most or is a more popular brand. The best is something that stands the test of time and so far this one has. My knife isn't new and it still works quite well, I also want you to know that I don't only carry the Kershaw Blackout in my front pocket. I also carry the Kershaw Tanto Blur in my back pocket. You don't have to carry a Kershaw brand knife, but I do recommend that you carry a knife of some sort. Cause you never know when it could come in handy and get you out of a sticky situation or even save your life. This has been Max Malone with Maximum Survivalist saying be safe and God bless America.

3 comments: